Monday 18 August 2008

Tomorrow is a big day

We have our anomoly scan tomorrow to check everything is ok with baby. Fingers crossed everything is looking healthy :)

We still haven't told anyone although it's getting increasingly difficult to hide my bump lol My parents are driving past on thursday to go visit with friends in the north and I'm hoping to meet up with them. The reason for this is that my brother and his girlfriend are coming to stay with us at the weekend and it doesn't feel "right" that they work things out before my parents know.

Subject to everything being ok tomorrow we are probably going to tell DS this week at some point. I don't want him to overhear any conversations that will let him know that there is another baby on the way. I want us to be the ones to tell him because I am sure that he will have lots of questions about whether everthing is going to be ok this time. I don't know what I will do if things go wrong - I don't want him to have to live through that heartache again. I have made the decision that if things don't have a happy ending this time then there will be no more attempts. This is our only chance to expand our family - I'm not sure we would get through another heartbreak. And I'm certain that I don't want to put everyone through this again.

My attempts at staying positive are going ok at the moment, well that's until baby decides to take a nap and I spend the time waiting for it to wake up lol I love feeling the movements and it gives me the reassurance I need.

When everyone finds out about this little one it's going to be strange that we won't have our "secret" anymore lol it's been quite nice that we haven't shared our news lol

I forced myself to look at some things at the store the other day - necessary items that we will need and although it makes sense to buy a little at a time I just can't make myself do that. I'll be running around the week before I deliver trying to get everything we need for this baby lol

Anyway, keep us in your prayers for tomorrow please - I'll update as soon as I get back from the hospital.

Take care xx

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Good Luck but I hope you don't need it. I will be praying that everything is fine for you.