Friday 22 August 2008

Things that have happened this week,,,,,

I COMPLETELY forgot to update this blog after our scan on tuesday, sorry about that.

Everything went really well and baby is looking good at the moment - although I know that this can change I am trying to stay positive. baby is VERY active now and I am feeling regular movements every day now, this helps with the paranoia a bit and gives me a huge amount of reassurance.

I met my parents for lunch yesterday, they were travelling past to stay with friends in the north and being as I haven't seen them since June we took the opportunity to meet up.

I did spill the beans but they are both sworn to secrecy for now. My mom surprised me by being delighted and excited for us, I really thought she would have told me that she felt it was too soon. She reassured me that they are always there for us. My dad was shocked I think, and I could see the look of fear in his eyes. He went very quiet although he did congratulate us several times. I know that he is scared that we are going to face heartbreak again - I told them that we are just taking one day at a time and that we will be praying that God keeps a special eye on this little one.

They both completely understood why we have kept it quiet for so long and have assured me that they won't spill the beans to the rest of the family until we are ready for everyone to know.

So all in all a good week was had - I hope and pray that the weeks continue to be good to us and that this baby thrives and is born just before christmas.

Will keep you posted.

Take care of yourselves xx

No comments: